IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, June 5, 2009

06.05.09

The Divine voice comes to you as strength as well as tenderness, as power as well as restfulness.Your moral strength derives its effectiveness from the power that comes when you listen patiently for the still, small voice. ~Twenty-Four Hours a Day
.
Today I am grateful...
  • for work that lets me express my creativity
  • that it's not between you and me, it is between me and God (see below)
  • for a super busy work week. I think next week should allow more breathing room and more time for noon meetings.
  • that my self esteem has improved dramatically--the progression of recovery had removed a lot of my shame issues. There are still some, probably always will be, but the change is remarkable!
  • that so far it's all good

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway. ~Mother Teresa

12 comments:

Trailboss said...

TGIF So!

Marco Castellani said...

Good post. And many thanks a lot for the wondeful quote from Mother Teresa!

dAAve said...

Your red shoes are proof of your self-esteem. I don't think Mother Teresa was really a mother.

Lou said...

I'm listening. Really I am.
The Divine voice needs to talk louder.

Pammie said...

I love the Mother Teresa quote.
I hope you get some nooners in next week.

Syd said...

I really like Mother Teresa quotes. There is a great prayer that I have by her. Happy Friday.

Bill said...

I used to have the TV or radio blaring whenever I was up & about. Now I spend much more time in silence, now that I think of it.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

... and soooo creative you are. I'm with Pam... That Mother T quote is awesome...

Carol said...

I too have a copy of the Mother Theresa quote. They had a stack of them for the taking a couple of years ago where I get my car registration!

Mary Christine said...

Very nice, thank you Scott.

Anonymous said...

great list! wonderful things to be grateful for!

Sage Ravenwood said...

I absolutely adored the Mother Teresa quote! Fits perfectly in what I believe. (Hugs)Indigo