IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, May 30, 2009

05.30.09

When you talk, you can only say something that you already know. When you listen, you learn what someone else knows. ~Unknown
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I can be the observer and not have to comment
  • for those that serve as a mirror to my own character defects. It's painful sometimes, but it is one of the fastest ways to growth when I can recognize what's going on and not assume I am just annoyed but being shown where I can change.
  • that a huge portion of my fears have been replaced with trust and faith all stemming from the practice of gratitude
  • that it works. It really works.

Look beyond people's behaviors and have compassion for what may be causing their insensitivities. We are on earth to discover our own path and will never be happy trying to live someone elses idea of life. ~Daily Inspiration

8 comments:

steveroni said...

"If I don't know what I'm sayin', don't say it." --Steve

Ed G. said...

I learned something from an AA group a few years ago - "never share my 1st thought"

Not for everyone and not necessarily for all time but a useful tool in participating in the world differently.

Thanx and aloha...

Lou said...

"mind my own business" --Lou

Syd said...

The mirror comment is so true. What I see in others as defects are the same ones that I have also.

dAAve said...

Listening is wonderful.

Di-Git said...

Just got to practice this actor idea this week.
Very powerful to step out of a potential problem

Mary Christine said...

Shutting up is NEVER my first response. Fortunately, I have learned to do it - occasionally.

Anonymous said...

when i was really done with drugs and alcohol, i started to listen in meetings