IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

05.27.09

The biggest danger we face as recovering people is self-will. Our goal is to lose as much of our self-will as we can. We than put love in place of self-will. Recovery is truly about love. ~Keep It Simple
.
Today I am grateful...
  • for Facebook. Last night I reconnected with a woman I had not seen or spoken with since 1976. We instant messenger-ed a bit, then I called her and we hooted and hollered and laughed and caught up. It was glorious fun!
  • that I fell asleep last night with a smile on my face and in my heart
  • that my life today is recovery centered. My old thoughts which were consumed with alcohol have been replaced with thoughts of recovery.
  • that a cleaned up mind and heart has left space for so much love to enter my life
  • that the program of recovery offered by Alcoholics Anonymous is truly the easier, softer way
  • that I got to tour this lovely woman's studio yesterday

We deserve to enjoy intimacy in as many of our relationships as possible. We deserve relationships that have not been sabotaged. That does not mean we walk around with our heads in the clouds; it means we strive to keep our motives clean when it comes to discussing other people. ~The Language of Letting Go

14 comments:

Trailboss said...

I can't wait to find out who that was. Isn't it great to reconnect with an old friend?

JeremyRT said...

The quotes you pick always hit me where I need them to.

There is no room for fear when it comes to love and intimacy

Lou said...

Sounds like a lot of lovely..

Bill said...

I'm sure 1976 Woman is just as happy as you are, after all that rootin' tootin' hootin' & hollerin'.

Jason said...

Thanks for the reminder of how much more room for things in our lives we have now that we are in recovery. It is nice..

Pammie said...

jeez I got stuck 1/2 an hour in that sight you linked!
I think I'm the only one who deleted facebook, everyone else seems to love it!
I'm so happy you got to reconnect with someone.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Pam isn't the only one who deleted Facebook. I just didn't have the time to give to it. However I'm delighted for the pleasure it provided for you.

I'm so glad both of us are in a better place to recieve love dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

Mary Christine said...

I have yet to find anyone I really want to find on facebook. It has created a lot of complicated creepy situations for me.

steveroni said...

I've joined with the ranks of FB-deleted peeps. Could not keep up. It was either this...or that.

About LOVE, I should start writing about love, because I almost never mention LOVE...more than several hundred times a day, and that;s just in the blogs!

But I guess love is another one of those-ahhhh-ACTION words??? Oh my!

Syd said...

Glad that you connected. I like the quote about relationships. I have sabotaged things for a long time.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Have a great day, Buddy!

Ed G. said...

I love learning "...the the proper use of the will..." (BB - p.85).

Thanx for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

that I fell asleep last night with a smile on my face and in my heart

nice!

Anonymous said...

dag, this got me right in the throat scott, "that I fell asleep last night with a smile on my face and in my heart"

i'm in need of that.

that studio looks cool, i like the textures in her artwork.

love is good, even better when we *let* it in.