IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

05.26.09

The most accurate way to predict the future is to get busy creating it. The more generously you participate in life, the more it will go your way. ~Ralph Marston
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I got to sit between Bob S and Nagar S last night
  • that it is sooooooooooooooo much easier for me to share in meetings that it was in the past. I used to FREAK when I had to share.
  • that things work a lot better when I get out of the way
  • that I double purchased asparagus over the weekend. That stuff is expensive but I have enough for several meals. Yummy!
  • that I had a good date with Morpheus last night
  • for constant reminders of how good life is in recovery
  • that Pammie made it back from her clandestine voyage
  • for sending an email to check on someone that just can't stay clean. I hope I hear back because I am afraid one day he won't be able to make it back.
  • that God could and would if He were sought

Discipline of yourself is absolutely necessary before the power of God is given to you. When you see others manifesting the power of God, you probably have not seen the discipline that went before. They made themselves ready. All your life is a preparation for more good to be accomplished when God knows that you are ready for it. So keep disciplining yourself in the spiritual life every day. Learn so much of the spiritual laws that your life cannot again be a failure. Others will see the outward manifestation of the inward discipline in your daily living. ~Twenty-Four Hours a Day

9 comments:

dAAve said...

I have 2 comments but I'm not typing them.

Bill said...

Worthy quotations this morning!

Does Bunny get jealous when Morpheus crawls in bed with you?

Trailboss said...

I had roasted asparagus last night for dinner. Oh my....yummers. I got it for $1 per lb!

Ed G. said...

I'm thankful that God will and does - in your life and mine...

Pammie said...

I've never cooked asparagus, but I love it when someone else does!
I'm glad to be home bunny lover.

Syd said...

I like asparagus a lot. It has some interesting affects on urine though.

Mary Christine said...

ick Syd.

Anonymous said...

i love the first quote about getting involved in creating the future. just what i need to hear this morning. i love you. was good to see you the other day.

Anonymous said...

i think dave should tease us like that.

i lurve asparagus.