IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, May 23, 2009

05.23.09

When the spiritual malady is overcome, we straighten out mentally and physically. ~Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 64
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I removed the first bullet point here because it was a rehash of last night's dinner fiasco and I just can leave that alone today
  • for British humour--we watched Graham Norton last night and his show is the best entertainment
  • that this weekend we have Intergroup phones at Lambda Center and I get to do some service work
  • that today an out-of -own artist/collector will come by for a studio visit
  • for the three day weekend!

We need to remember that the disease of addiction still lives in our recovery. However, our honest attempts at dealing with a problem or helping another with a problem - provided they are honest attempts -will usually be more than sufficient.Today I accept my best attempts with gratitude and I am not too proud to seek the advice of another. ~Fr Leo

8 comments:

dAAve said...

According to the first quote, I guess I still have a serious spiritual malady.

Lou said...

I will enjoy every minute of my long week end, and wish the same for you.

Sage Ravenwood said...

"our honest attempts at dealing with a problem" Thank you. It is that isn't it to keep ourselves honest one day at a time. (Hugs)Indigo

Scott W said...

Dave...no comment...

Ed G. said...

The way I understand the BB quote - my only tool for recovering is working on the spiritual malady...

I love this as it means it's really not about "trying to be better" - I really need to get right spiritually to recover...

There is some debate about this in our AA community so I may be wrong but I still like it...

ellie said...

Love Graham Norton! (I recommend checking out "QI" if you like British humour!)

Have a great weekend...

Mary Christine said...

Now I am really curious about last night's dinner fiasco.

Syd said...

Long weekends are wonderful.