IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

05.20.09

On a day-at-a-time basis, I am confident I can stay away from a drink for one day. So I set out with confidence. At the end of the day, I have the reward of achievement. Achievement feels good and that makes me want more! ~Daily Reflections
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I love the psychedelic art from the 1960s and this morning accidentally ran into a site playing Riders on the Storm. How I love that song.
  • for sweet, black coffee
  • to strive for humility and responsibility, my spiritual status depends on it
  • to keep enough free space in my mind so that anything new has a chance to settle in
  • that today I have a 'thought life' which I would never have thought possible
  • that I never did hallucinogens

Thoughts have power. Thoughts are energy. You can make your world or break it by your thinking. ~Susan Taylor

9 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

I totally love that song. Now I've got it playing non-stop in my head.

Loved the red shoes! I used to have something similiar in a doe tan color. (Hugs)Indigo

Ed G. said...

Good luck with the whole humility and responsibility thing - seems to be something of a key...

Trailboss said...

I love that song as well. There were so many classics made during that time. My two kids listen to some of the same stuff I used to listen to.

dAAve said...

Yo.
Dude.

Bill said...

Groovy, man.

Anonymous said...

to strive for humility and responsibility, my spiritual status depends on it

nice. i needed to read that this morning.

Syd said...

I liked so much of the Doors stuff. Interesting messed up fellow..Jim Morrison.

Pammie said...

I like Riders on the Storm while ON hallucinogens myself.

Mary Christine said...

that was one of the first songs I ever listened to with headphones... back when I was 16... and very very high.