IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, May 15, 2009

05.15.09

The way to be respected is to be respectful. The way to be heard is to listen. ~Ralph Marston
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I got to sleep last night. I rarely have insomnia, but last night I just could not fall asleep. I watched to see if there were any troubling thoughts and my mind was blank. So blank when I was saying my prayers everything just stopped. I eventually got up and turned on the computer and had a Moo Pop. Thirty minutes later I was back under the covers and I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow.
  • that those annoying stitches from where the oral surgeon invaded my jaw fell out just before I brushed my teeth for the first time today. There were two pieces of suture that were about 1/4" long that my tongue could not, would not leave alone
  • that I can have this day with no worries about yesterday and no fears about tomorrow
  • that honesty, tolerance and true love of man and God makes the daily basis of living a whole lot easier and more fulfilling (thanks, Dave)

Honesty means living by what is true to us. Then we choose when and how to say things to others. Think of honesty as the air we breathe; it's what keeps us alive, but it can get polluted and kill. It must be treated with respect and care. ~Keep It Simple

11 comments:

Lou said...

Lovely last quote, as I head out to another great day.

Do be careful this week end. Bad planetary alignments, especially Saturday pm.

Trailboss said...

TGIF So! I had horrible nightmares last night. Grrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Love this quote about honesty. wow...that is so important...and learning how and when to share it. that is very meaningful and something I will be praying about. thank you.

Gin said...

The last quote was great. I am really going to think about that one.

Sage Ravenwood said...

It appears I'm parroting everyone else in their sentiments on the last quote. As for insomnia, I have bouts in the most uneventful days - perhaps that's why, nothing stressful kept me on edge.

Have a grand weekend dear friend! (Hugs)Indigo

Syd said...

I like the quote a lot. Glad that you got some sleep. I left an award for you over on my blog.

Ed G. said...

Love the 1st quote - seems to be all about that whole listening thang - wish I could really learn that lesson well...

Bill said...

Thank goodness you finally got some rest last night. I'm glad your tongue can get some rest now, too.

dAAve said...

I don't do Moo Pop's.
Yet.

Pammie said...

I'm catching up on your blog.
I'm glad you are feeling better.

Mary Christine said...

I don't even know what a moo pop is, but it sounds kind of gross.

The rest of your post is lovely, very lovely.