IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, April 30, 2009

04.30.09

A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action not reaction. ~Rita Mae Brown
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that a years worth of work is culminating today with the move in of a client
  • that I will eventually get this damned tooth taken care of. Yesterday during lunch it broke off at the gum line. I want it over, but it isn't happening today.
  • that I will call on the tools of the program today as I feel I am getting agitated. One thing at a time. One healthy thought at a time.
  • that today is also the day for me to do payroll at TLC, so I am getting an early start on the day
  • that my Higher Power has my back today (and every day)

At times, we turned to chemicals because we couldn't love ourselves. Our addiction gave a promise of relief, but it gave us self-hate. We wanted to love, but couldn't. What is it we really love ? Where should we put out energy ? In raising children ? In creating art ? In helping addicts who still suffer ? There's much in this world that needs our love. We can be many things in our lives. Let's be people we believe in. Let's be people we can love. ~Keep It Simple

7 comments:

dAAve said...

I hope you're day goes well.

Lou said...

Yes, yes..there is so much in the world that needs our love. What in the hell are people waiting for..I'm getting agitated.

JeremyRT said...

What I'm learning from you is that even though there's a 'negative' in life, one always adjust the viewer and find the postitive.

Thanks for that. I'm enjoying this journey of finding what I love through loving others.

Shannon said...

HI SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!
HI
just wanted to say hi lol
hope you are having a great day and your tooth isnt bugging you at all
shann

Bill said...

I hope your gay goes well.

Mary Christine said...

I hope this tooth situation gets resolved soon.

Pammie said...

damn tooth. damn I say.