IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

04.29.09

When I did open my eyes, it was because I had to. And the man who showed me the truth was a fellow sufferer and a layman. Through him,I saw at last, and I stepped from the abyss to solid ground, knowing at once that my feet were on the broad highway if I chose to walk. ~Bill W
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I did get to see the dentist. But she said she was not able to save the tooth, so I have to arrange for the extraction. I have a lot invested in that tooth--root canal, crown, must have over $2500 tied up there. And OSHA won't let me keep it!
  • that my mind feels alert today
  • that I have a good feeling about how today will turn out
  • for iced coffee with heavy whipping cream (0 carbs) and Sweet'n Low
  • that today I get it a lot more than I got it in my drunk life

I'll be pleased today that I can remember the past without living in it. I am free from the old hurts and problems that would keep me from directing all of my energies and attention to what I am doing here and now. ~Walk in Dry Places

.

I’m as pure as the driven slush. ~Tallulah Bankhead

8 comments:

JeremyRT said...

I'm sorry to hear about your tooth but congrats on doing somethin good for yourself.

I LOVE that first quote from Bill.
Walk on!

steveroni said...

OSHA--Funny name for a dentist. She won't let you keep that tooth?

Maybe for Christmas?

Lou said...

That is my favorite drink (ice coffee with whipped cream). Yummy

Marilyn said...

I would rather go thru labor than go to the dentist. Good luck.

Mary Ann said...

One of the greatest gifts I've been given is that I can remember the past and feel as if it all happened to someone else. Thanks for the quote.

Mary Ann

Mary Christine said...

OSHA has a say in what teeth you get to keep?

Anonymous said...

maybe she'll give you the tooth to keep in a jar above your fireplace?

Syd said...

Hope that the tooth gets taken care of. Ouch!