IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

04.21.09

Spiritual growth is the key to the new developments in all parts of our lives. We have become more closely connected to the source of creativity, so we are more alive. Others respond positively to our new sincerity and enthusiasm. That we may continue to grow and learn gives us quiet satisfaction. ~Food for Thought
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I went off my routine last night and attended the 8PM Beginners meeting
  • for the huge laughs when a woman shared that when her neighbors took their trash out it was so quiet, but hers was way too loud from the clinking of bottles
  • that the reward is closer with every step
  • that recovery was in my life plan
  • that I am grateful, as often as I know how, for this life I have been given and that daily I strive to maintain it to the best of my ability

Fear is often the force that prevents me from acquiring and cultivating the power of faith. Fear blocks my appreciation of beauty, tolerance, forgiveness, service, and serenity. ~Daily Reflections

10 comments:

Bill said...

One of the jumping off points:
Either switch to plastic bottles, or find an AA meeting.

Pammie said...

Love the clanking trash story!
I forget some of the little things!

dAAve said...

I LOVE it that you went to that meeting. It's a very good one.
I know all about loud trash.

Anonymous said...

laughter...we need more of it:) thanks for sharing the story. ~peace

Lou said...

The trash story reminds of an exchange I had with Andrew. I told him I would not drive him anywhere, give him money, etc. He looked alarmed and said "you're not doing that tough love thing are you!"

I know the similarities of the stories is a stretch.

steveroni said...

Fear IMMOBILIZED me!Physically and mentally.

Of course, "mental immobilization" was not much of a challenge...

Syd said...

Yes, fear can be a force. I work on fear daily.

Ed G. said...

Personally, I both loath and long for growth opportunities of any sort - great that you can break out and live...

Mary Christine said...

I love changing my routine from time to time.

Daily said...

we have a new beginners meeting, well semi-new and i've only gone once and i enjoyed it. it's good to know nothings changing out there.