IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, April 19, 2009

04.19.09

We no longer have to worry about button-pushers if we accept them as they are, realizing that we don't need their approval and can't really be hurt by anything they do or say. Our serenity in the face of such problems may actually serve to attract people to AA. ~Walk in Dry Places
.
Today I am grateful...
  • to have had dinner with a friend who has 'found his way back'
  • to have heard Jay F tell his story, filled with lots of humor--starting with 'womb memories, it was so warm there...'
  • that I found another recording by Susan Boyle HERE. I have listened to it over and over.
  • that I am thinking about doing some housework today--keyword here is 'thinking'
  • that I am committed to my recovery today

Fear: "This short word somehow touches about every aspect of our lives. It was an evil and corroding thread; the fabric of our existence was shot through with it. It set in motion trains of circumstances which brought us misfortune we felt we didn’t deserve. But did not we, ourselves, set the ball rolling? Sometimes we think fear ought to be classed with stealing. It seems to cause more trouble." ~Alcoholics Anonymous, Fourth Edition p. 67-68

13 comments:

steveroni said...

I'm committed to recovery today...and I'm "thinking about" changing some bad habits!

dAAve said...

I like the first quote better than the last one.

Scott W said...

LOL Dave! I made it right.

Bill said...

Dang! They keep sticking new stuff in the Big Book while I'm sleeping. Thanks for the excerpts from pages 67-68. I zipped those off to a sponsee who is grappling with fear this morning.

Anonymous said...

you're beautiful, scott.

Ed G. said...

I appreciate the Susan Boyle link - I was wondering if her contest was a made up or once in a lifetime thing.

Thank God for those that find their way back - or, better, don't leave...

Anonymous said...

Responding to "button pushers"...I continue to work on this one. Serenity, I am understanding is something I must seek as a priority. For years I had no clue of this...I was too concerned about everyone else and trying to make it all okay. Whew, it was exhausting! What a freedom to let go, finally.

Jason said...

I love the Fear quote, fear is one of my biggest problems. I create fear out of things that are not even real...thanks for your posts, they are great.

Mary Christine said...

Some of the button pushers of mine are the biggest helps to others. My perspective is not the same as other people's.

Donna Sorensen said...

Aloha...I too subscribe to the thinking that Life Is An Attitude. Just found your blog and am enjoying your posts. An Attitude of Gratitude cures just about everything. Much Aloha, Donna

Pammie said...

I wish when old friends find their way back, that they would put their stuff down and just stay.

Zanejabbers said...

Oh, hell, I THINK about housework all the time. Good to see y'all on Sat Nite.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Thinking and doing are two different things (winks).

Irony is - I used to be the button pusher. I thrived on anger, getting someone to fight with me.

Serenity is by far so much better these days. I don't need to push buttons anymore. I'm looking for something much more deeper. (Hugs)Indigo