IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, April 11, 2009

04.11.09

We are not saints, and our spiritual progress is interrupted the moment we begin to act more saintly than we really are. ~Walk in Dry Places
.
Today I am grateful...
  • for another sober Saturday. In the old drunk days the only time I ventured outside my front door was to walk the dog or run for cigarettes or booze. I was astonished when I got sober when I was out and about mid-day and the world was full of people everywhere.
  • that my old drinking cave has been replaced with a parking lot
  • that if I really want serenity, then I cannot hold onto anything negative
  • that I went to Emancipation Park yesterday to see the Conversations About Iraq presentation. It was to encourage a dialog about war. There was a car from a suicide bombing in Baghdad. It was a powerful experience.
  • for the incredible Spring weather we have had

The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Thoughts have power. Thoughts are energy. You can make your world or break it by your thinking. ~Susan Taylor

Those who are awake live in a state of constant amazement. ~Buddha

9 comments:

Lou said...

I bet little Bunny is glad you are sober..makes you a much better companion!

Have a glorious Saturday, the sun & the people are out in full up here.

Mary Christine said...

Glad you are out of your cave and that it no longer exists.

dAAve said...

I can agree with all of that.
What parking lot are you referring to?

Scott W said...

Dave, the Niko Nikos parking lot that backs up to Yoakum.

Pammie said...

I remember being on the street on Sunday mornings still in my Saturday night (inappropriate) clothes and being so amazed how clean and fresh everyone else looked. I was so envious of them. I could not figure out how they did it.
I'm grateful that you and I are the ones out there now enjoying life.

Zanejabbers said...

Saturdays without a splitting headache - WONDERFUL.

Alive And Smiling (Jim) said...

Scott I'm glad you are out of the cave. I was just outside myself standing under a 200 year old oak tree, enjoying the sound of the singing birds and thinking how nice it was to be outside. Thanks for the great quotes. Enjoy your weekend!

Jason said...

So true to wake up and really see the world. Your posts are inspirational. Thank you.

Bill said...

They paved Paradise Lounge and put up a parking lot.

That's a great quotation from WIDP.