IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

03.31.09

I need protection against the arrogant, willful delusion that "This time I will be able to handle it; this time I will get away with cheating just a little bit." How can I protect myself? Step One says that we are powerless ... From sad experience, I know this to be a fact. Step Two says that we "Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity." My protection comes from this Higher Power. ~Food for Thought
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that yesterday I started on a more normal eating plan--not quite so restrictive
  • that I stopped in yesterday just as the meeting was ending for some fellowship, and I got it
  • that today I do not have to convince you my life is good in an effort to convince myself
  • for the courage to change the things I can
  • for resisted temptations

Life takes on new meaning in A.A. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends--this is an experience not to be missed. ~p. 89

12 comments:

Pammie said...

I want a normal eating plan.
I hope you have a FABULOUS Tuesday my precious friend.

JeremyRT said...

I needed that food for thought today, thank you!

Lou said...

I was thinking about Andrew today.
The Food for Thought says it all.
When will he ask for protection..

Trailboss said...

I need a normal eating plan. Can I have yours? Will you lose weight for me? Thanks brother So.

Pam Jarnagin said...

"that today I do not have to convince you my life is good in an effort to convince myself"

Amen. Exactly what I needed to hear/read today. Thanks, Scott!

Syd said...

Good quotes today. I never tire of reading about Step One or for that matter, any of the steps. What's a normal eating plan?

steveroni said...

I have had this experience several times in different cities:

"to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends--this is an experience not to be missed. ~p. 89

Thanks. I forget.......

Ed G. said...

Nice perspectives, nice thoughts, nice post...

Scott W said...

Syd, a plan following Atkin's Induction. Not the super restrictive plan I have been on. I will go back to it in six weeks. And then for 23 or 40 days depending on how I do.

Bill said...

Life takes on new meaning in A.A.
Amen to that! I may not have come as close to death as some, but it was close enough for me. I certainly had little hope of actually enjoying life again, but it is better now than ever before.

Anonymous said...

that today I do not have to convince you my life is good in an effort to convince myself

well said!

Mary Christine said...

If Atkins induction is normal, I would hate to see what you have been eating. Aye.