IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, March 29, 2009

03.29.09

To get the spiritual strength I need, my inner life must be lived apart from the world. I must wear the world as a loose garment. ~24 Hours a Day
.
Today I am grateful...
  • for the simplest prayer--thank you
  • that this morning the pleurisy-type discomfort I felt all day yesterday seems to have abated
  • for quiet moments that truly make me feel free from desperation
  • that I may wander through this world today feeling safe and secure
  • to realized that some of my demons are just resting, waiting for another chance, and that I have to be vigilant and do my work

God, help me be so clear on who I am that I can generously afford to let other people be who they are, too. Help me to set aside my defensive behavior, and teach me to blend with other people and see their point of view while not relinquishing my own.--Melody Beattie

.

If you learn from your suffering, and really come to understand the lesson you were taught, you might be able to help someone else who's now in the phase you may have just completed. Maybe that's what it's all about after all . . .--Anonymous

5 comments:

steveroni said...

Maybe that's what it's all about, Alfie...and yes, you, nor I, need to defend ourselves, NMW. As I age, I realize that more and more.

What is, is. What was, was. And what ain't, ain't.

Bill said...

Have I told you lately that I love you?

dAAve said...

Good quotes and prayers from everyone who participated in the writing of this post.

Pammie said...

I hope you are enjoying this glorious day.

Mary Christine said...

Can't believe it took me this long to get here today. But it was worth the wait.

Happy Sunday Evening Scott.