IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

04.09.08

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~Charles Dickens
Today I am grateful...
  • that my Higher Power has granted me the loan of this life of freedom and sobriety, I can trade it any day for the old way of living
  • that all my jobs are creative
  • that I continue to have a storehouse of images that need to be captured
  • for Lambda Center which celebrates its 30th Anniversary this month. I seriously doubt I would be alive and sober today without it.
  • for all the love and support and healing I have found at TLC
  • that all my prayers are prayers of gratitude
...we find that our past represents an untapped gold mine the first time we are called on to share it with a struggling newcomer. As we listen to someone share with us, we can give a special form of comfort that no one else could provide - our own experience. We've done the same things. We've had the same feelings of shame and remorse. We've suffered in the ways only an addict can suffer. We can relate - and so can they. ~NA Basic Text

6 comments:

sojo said...

Thank you for reminding me to pray prayers of gratitude.

Scott Crawford said...

I read, "that all my jobs are creative," and smiled the smile of sheer, unbridled delight.

Thanks. Sharing the gratitude.

Syd said...

Glad that you are alive and sober and creative. It makes me very glad to be alive and most grateful for what the day has to offer.

Mary Christine said...

Good Morning Sweet Potato.

Zanejabbers said...

What Syd said. AND JUST HI THERE

Pammie said...

I woke up grateful this morning. It's an excellent place to be.