IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, April 5, 2008

04.05.08

Many of us look at the joy and beauty of the program with caution. It was different from our addictive joy. Was it to be trusted? When we started working the Steps, we found inner joy and beauty. As we let go and gave in to the program, we found more happiness. We found joy in ourselves, our friends, our Higher Power, and those around us. Our self-pity changed to self-respect. We were truly out in the sunshine. We were no longer lost in misery. We know how to walk through misery to find joy. ~Keep It Simple
Today I am grateful...
  • for quiet moments that truly make me feel free from desperation
  • that I may wander through this world today feeling safe and secure
  • to realize that some of my demons are just resting, waiting for another chance, and that I have to be vigilant and do my work
  • that I am what I am and can be comfortable with that simple fact

8 comments:

dAAve said...

Just the other day, I was talking to a mutual friend and remarked that you are what you are. He agreed.

peanut said...

Dear Scott,

Just wat to say "hello."

Love to you.

robin ann mcintosh said...

last night i listened to a man with 37 years talk about the utter and irrefutable freedom that comes from taking the twelve steps. and practicing the eleventh step over and over and over. he finished with: and i'm standing on the mountain, listening to the wind.

thanks for the great quote.

Bill said...

The quotation from Keep It Simple says it all for me.

No need for me to ramble on.

I'll just, ya know, go now.

K, bye.

Pammie said...

my demons are just resting too. I wish they would just die and be done with it.

Mary Christine said...

demons are good at being quiet for long enough to trick us into thinking they are gone... and then, voila! out of nowhere - there they are!

sojo said...

Quiet time is my favorite time.

Trailboss said...

I love me some quiet time.