IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, March 7, 2008

03.07.08

Herein lies an irony: the person who is trying to manipulate you views you as having greater strength or power than he or she does. ~George H. Green and Carolyn Cotter
Remember that whenever others try to manipulate you, they perceive you as having something they want and as being more powerful than they are. If you're powerful enough to be a target for a manipulation, you're powerful enough to take care of yourself. ~Melanie Beatty
Today I am grateful...
  • for stuff dropped in front of me just when I need it (see above quotes)
  • that there will forever be those mysteries that are just beyond my grasp that keep me fascinated about life
  • that I am led by grace down a path of recovery
  • that I know, without doubt, I am on the path I am supposed to be on
  • that to see the road ahead I just need to ask those coming back

It's so important to treat others like you would expect to be treated. It's a universal law that the hurt and pain you have caused on others will come back and affect you, but the love and joy you have inspired in others, will also inspire you. ~unknown

4 comments:

Bill said...

Messages of love are true gifts, and we all know when we are delivering a gift out of love or out of spite.
The latter simply chips away at our own worthiness.

I've also heard that the opposite of love is indifference, and I must admit that I do feel that at times.

peanut said...

Dear Scott,

Happy Friday !!!!

Love you, me

Zanejabbers said...

Thanks for the quotes.

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for being you Mr. Scott.