IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

02.27.08

To thine own self be true.
And it must follow as the night the day,
thou canst not then be false to any man.
~Shakespeare
Today I am grateful...
  • that our Pam is feeling better
  • that the program of Alcoholics Anonymous has given me some integrity
  • that my reality is less fantasy based than it used to be
  • that my dreams today do not seem too far fecthed as I have had some great accomplishments in my sobriety
The effectiveness of Step Five rests with the true underlying character of the addict – the confessor. This step requires tremendous integrity – a willingness to be completely honest with self and others. It requires great will power – and recovering addicts generally meet that need.
The recovering addict, by completing this step, will often feel a great sense of relief. They will feel the sense of acceptance – in spite of their past. They will begin the process of reconciling with their fellow man. ~the fireside

5 comments:

Bill said...

I had an epiphany during my 5th step conversation with my sponsor. It was powerful, and completely unexpected.

If I had approached this step with anything less than integrity, I would have missed a valuable gift.

p.s. your word verification for me was mmryl. Bam!

Syd said...

The honesty of my fifth step was something that my sponsor appreciated. It was a big relief to not hide, deny, or cover up anymore.

Zanejabbers said...

Thanks for your comment on my post.

Mary Christine said...

The 5th step opens the door and lets us out of our own self-absorbed hell.

Anonymous said...

ah, my first 5th step. actually, i was more nervous with my 2nd.