IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

08.22.07

But why shouldn't we laugh? We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. ~Alcoholics Anonymous, pg. 132
Today I am grateful...
  • that this free floating funk will go away. A funk of undeterminate nature falls on me usually once a month or so. There seems to be no foundation for it, it just sneaks in and makes me not want to do anything. The closest I can get to a description of it is that I stay in the middle of the road, not up and not down, then after a while I don't know what to do since I spent so many years riding the ups and downs that now I am lost after spending some time in the middle ground. There is one thing I am convinced of: This Too Shall Pass. It always does.
  • that I really have no valid complaints today
  • for the love that continues to flow through my life
  • for the experience of finding my way back
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13

10 comments:

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

geese ..sounds like pms Scott W.
maybe nature or the universe gives some people those sitting in the middle of the road times for creative rejuvination? who knows but is sounds like you have a good handle on it with acceptance..
I sure appreciate you sharing that love flowng through you blog too.
Tab xo

peanut said...

Wow, I wrote the verse down and intend to make a nice framed copy of that. Thank you for sharing that today. I strive to be what it describes but seem to fall short.

I nned to see it daily so that I can remind myself of my purpose each day.

Your description of the "middle of the road" feelings is, for me, that place where there is no drama or excitement - for an "excitement junkie" like myself,it is like boredom. However, for me, I've given it the wrong label. I think it's actually what earth people refer to as "contentment." I don't know how to act without drama and excitement (and chaos) going on.

Anonymous said...

You are correct, this too shall pass.

Love you

So

dAAve said...

I left this comment.
Right here.

Anonymous said...

you are so bertifull :)

Namenlosen Trinker said...

As a kid I read in Reader's Digest about a man who said his favorite verse in the Bible was, "And it came to pass..." Almost five decades later I still remember. And, now that I'm sober, I'm even beginning to understand.

Pammie said...

well sugar dumplin' if you are waiting for something to pass...I hope it passes quickly, and painlessly..not like a kidney stone.

lash505 said...

I want the middle ground let me know if you find it.

Scott M. Frey said...

I think and believe that many of us men go through some sort of cycle (emotionally) not unlike that which the gals go through (thankfully without all the physical BS, oh man..). I too have times where there's just this sort of funk you're describing... The old this too shall pass comes to mind!

I love that passage in Paul's letter to the Corinthians, we chose that to be a reading at our wedding... good stuff!

johno said...

I love the quotes, thanks, hope your feeling better ? its a long time since I stopped by, glad to find you're still a source of strength in your writing as ever :)