IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, July 8, 2007

07.08.07

Last night while surfing non-recovery blogs ( I know, I read other stuff a lot!) I came across this video by Faithless. I have long been a fan of trance. I remember times being lost in the middle of the dance floor on a Saturday night. Completely lost in the music the whole world disappeared. I remember listening to music in the car, repeating one song over and over--one that really reached inside me and stirred my heart strings. Songs have left me in tears.
So I went to gomusic and downloaded the song for 19 cents. It's almost nine minutes long and there is this weird rap in the middle--I am not a rap fan, in fact I hate it. But this little rap doesn't bother me. I loaded the song into my mp3 player and took it to bed. Lying there, lights out, I let the music pour through me. The sound of her voice saying "You told me music mattered" absolutely filled me. The little riffs and nuances took me away, it really filled me with gratitude and I felt a strong connection to my Higher Power. It was late, it was dark and I played it over and over and over.
Tomorrow it may not move me at all. But in that time and space it totally satisfied my soul. I find it incredible that sound can transport me.
Today I am grateful...
  • that music matters
  • that music can transport me to places that soothe my soul
  • that Gurumayi was in my dreams last night
  • that I have a path, that I am willing to follow it
  • that today I will get what God provides me
  • that Firefox allows me to comment on blogs
  • for another day in the life

It will become more and more evident as we go forward that it is pointless to become angry, or to get hurt people who, like us, are suffering from the pains of growing up. ~Step Ten, 12&12

There is no must in art because it is free. ~Vasily Kandinsky

6 comments:

peanut said...

Dear Scott,
I can really relate to your feelings about music.
I too will play a song I like very much over and over. This is why I appreciate CD's over tapes.

I play music loud at times because it is so beautiful that I feel I must share it with others.

My history with music is that it kept me "relatively" sane growing up.

Pammie said...

hey darlin'. I too get lost a lot in different forms of music. I've been on Patti Griffin for about a month now....I can't listen to anything but her. Enjoy your sunday.

lash505 said...

I get lost in Jimi Hendricks

dAAve said...

No comment problems from this end. Great Bunny pic!

Mary Christine said...

I am grateful for FIREFOX!!! I am back! Thank you Scott. I would have never even thought of this.

I love music.. I think the angels allow us little glimpses into heaven by means of music.

piglet said...

music has always moved me in ways i didn't realize could move :)

it puts meaning to my many moods and emotions.