IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, March 26, 2007

Tagged

I have been tagged several times to list songs that are meaningful or are on my current play list. There are lots of meaningful songs, I hear them all the time. Some I haven't heard in years and when I hear them the memories come flooding back. Anyway, here is what's up front on my mp3 player:
  1. Sri Guru Gita (the song of the Guru) 183 stanzas in Sanskrit. I have listened to this for years, can sing along and it is one of my prayers. This recording is overlaid with the Eternal Om and thunderstorm.
  2. Absolutely Fabulous--Pet Shop Boys remixes. There are some terrific memories inside these songs. This is some of the happiest music for me. I simply cannot be ruffled when I am hearing it.
  3. Hits! The Very Best of Erasure
  4. Songs of India--Ravi Shankar
  5. Dust--Peter Murphy
  6. Mashed--an album of mashups
  7. And in my www.gomusic.ru shopping cart waiting to be downloades is The World of Nat King Cole

2 comments:

lushgurl said...

OOOps, my bad...don't know all of the stuff, but I am sure it is all as beautiful and complex as you are!

Anonymous said...

The era of the Pet Shop Boys is also one I wont forget and always makes me very happy. I was living in Chicago at the time -- big city, big music, big fun.
Cool list, Scott. Thanks.
Peace,
Scout