IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, August 11, 2006

08.11.06

Great faith is the product of great fights. Great testimonies are the outcome of great tests. Great triumphs can only come out of great trials. ~Smith Wigglesworth

Today I am grateful...
  • for the intelligence that drives the universe
  • that Shannon doesn't use spellcheck, life is funnier without it
  • that I am not flying today
  • that if one asks, AAers will come running
  • for the steadiness in my life
  • for stories of people that have been 'struck drunk', reminding me I am to be ever vigilant
  • for this way of life I have found as a result of working the steps with a sponsor, talking with other alcoholics, service work, prayer and meditation
  • to remember that this date in 2001 was my second sobriety date

There is nothing that faith does not penetrate and seek out. It passes beyond darkness, and no matter how deep the shadows, it passes through them to the truth which it always finally embraces, and from which it is never separated. ~Jean-Pierre de Crussade

6 comments:

dAAve said...

Several times, I struck out drunk, but I wasn't playing baseball.

Shannon said...

poor daave heehee

Shannon said...

I love you scott thank for making me laugh again this morning. :)

ps I think I spelled everything right there heehee

Carly said...

Scott, you have the BEST quotes! I love the one on faith. Thank you.

P.S. What does "struck drunk" mean?

Gooey Munster said...

Scott, knowing you thru your post I sense a passionate sobriety. I enjoy your gratitude list and your descriptive words.

Scott W said...

Carla, struck drunk means that the person did not have any idea they were going to drink and found themselves with a drink in hand without thinking about it. It scares me.