IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

But then alcohol began to have its way with us. Finally, when all our score cards read 'zero', and we saw that one more strike would put us out of the game forever, we had to look for our lost faith. It was in A.A. that we rediscovered it. ~12 & 12, pg. 28-29

Today I am grateful...
  • that we (David S and I) were not injured when we were caught in the middle of a police chase yesterday (see previous post)
  • that Cadillacs are repairable
  • that there are nice and funny policemen, cute ones too
  • that I have started a new blog, Sobriety Society, name completely stolen from dAAve. It is an online meeting forum for all Sobriety Society members. The only requirement is the desire to blog about recovery. After you share at a meeting your link will be posted, unless you would rather remain anonymous.


My sponsor pointed out that now that I've been around the program for awhile there is no denial . . . there is only refusal. ~Anonymous

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

I'm glad you & David S. made it through the police chase! I'll keep him & the Caddie in my prayers. Love the Sobriety Society page - can't wait to see it grow!

Gooey Munster said...

The Sobriety Society is awesome.

Sponsors say the darnest things ;) -- thanx 4 sharing this one with us. I love hearning new concepts like this. Gratz!

Shannon said...

yep we always say, you cant claim ognorance anymore...

love the quote and the Sobrietyu Society Blog thanks Scott

JJ said...

I love a man in uniform!
I see you,
JJ

Scott W said...

Posting this for JJ as she can't make comments today:

I just wanted to say HOLY CAR CHASE BATMAN and I'm glad you are ok. For some reason I can't post a comment today.
I see you,
JJ

Scott W said...

Oops! JJ got that in just before I commented.