IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, March 25, 2006

This magic moment

I was hanging out with Dave in the smoking lounge at Lambda and there was this little book on a side table, which I picked up and found the following passage, highlighted:

Everyone says the way out is to quiet the mind. So you go through all the austerities to quiet the mind. But you don't have to go through austerities. You (do) have to quiet the mind. And that is all you have to do! The best way to quiet the mind is to be in the moment. Your mind cannot be agitated of you are in this moment.

Tonight when I go back I will see if it is still there so I can give credit where credit is due.

7 comments:

JJ said...

I do need to quiet my mind.
I see you,
JJ

dAAve said...

Stay in this moment JJ.
Stay in this moment.

oooops, too late.

Shannon said...

have you heard about gettng into the gap?

Scott W said...

Shannon, I have bought clothes at the Gap and their slogan used to be 'Fall into the Gap' but I assume you are referring to something much more esoteric. ???

Trudging said...

Wow, very powerful stuff.

Shannon said...

LOL Scott!!! I in fact was referring to something more esoteric LOL

Its a meditation book by Dr. Wayner Dyer, called getting into the Gap, and that is about how to quiet your mind

But I do like shopping from the Gap as well... LOL

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

A quiet mind and a peaceful heart are the greatest gifts of sobriety.