IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, March 27, 2006

03.27.06

Today I am grateful...
  • for 'The Devil in the White City' on CD, by Eric Larson. It's a tale of murder and intrigue told side by side with the birth and six month run of the Columbian Exposition of 1893. Read about the Columbian Exposition. Above, the Court of Honor.
  • for the incredible weather we had over the weekend. Bunny got to spend lots of time outside with Lucy and yesterday stood up to Jackie Chan, champion nipper.
  • that by going here, I can listen to the drone of the tamboura as I do my daily meditation reading, gratitude list and prayers
  • to have figured out early in sobriety and recovery that staying in touch with gratitude can row the boat quite a distance toward the other shore

    We don't ask God for too much; in fact, we ask for too little. Turn to Him for everything. Give everything to God. ~Marianne Williamson

7 comments:

dAAve said...

I am grateful for your oars.

Shannon said...

good stuff.. I love hearing about the tales of bunny and Jackie Chan and Lucy.... it always makes me smile... :)

Mike said...

Scott

Thanks for the note. I am getting too obsessive for my own good. Since I am on the payroll at present, but wanted to say thanks.

Day 362 in sobriety and loving it.

Trudging said...

Oh my gosh, I love that picture!

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

What a powerful picture...

Bunny sounds as if he/she is making you happy AND grateful...Awesome, Scott!

Gooey Munster said...

You always have wonderful gratitude list. I was told I need to do more of this. Thnaks for being a role model!

Greg said...

That is a beautiful photograph. I've read The Devil in the White City; so many amazing things came form that Exposition; the Ferris Wheel, shredded wheat and some great architecture. I have been recommending it to others as often as I can.