IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, February 27, 2006

02.27.06

God, help me take a deep breath and holler woohoo.--Melody Beattie

Today I am grateful...
  • that the best things in life really are free
  • that today I can recognize the old feelings of 'not deserving'. I still struggle with those but am making strides day by day to release those fears.
  • that sobriety takes away mountains of pain
  • for the humor of Don Knotts
  • that Wade has a safe place to stay
  • that it is 8:40 am and I already have the quote to fix Snowy

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland.

8 comments:

JJ said...

Snowy?
JJ

Scott W said...

JJ, Snowy is the name of my car.

Shannon said...

oooooo woooooohoooooooooooo

I name my cars too

lets see beatrice the Buik,

the professor my BIG WHITE FORD LTD my daughter named it after the powerpuff gurls dad

and Lea the KIA

I did have a blue ford probe, but I was not going to name that one...

dAAve said...

Don always DID keep me in knotts.

Mary Christine said...

I Love that Judy Garland quote.

madameplushbottom said...

You most definitely can be the 1st to welcome me back. Thank you!!! And... your second gratitude really resonates with me. Man that hits home and is an area I am working on every minute of every day.

I'm grateful for you! Meg

JJ said...

Thanks.
I see you,
JJ

Scott W said...

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!