IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, February 24, 2006

02.24.06

Personality change was what we really needed. Change from self-destructive patterns of life became necessary.~N.A. Basic Text, p. 15

Today I am grateful...
  • for the rooms of AA, for all I have to do is walk into one and the day's fog lifts
  • that a power greater than myself gave me whatever it was that allowed me to return to the rooms
  • for the unlimited choices of internet radio, tons of free music of every genre
  • for roast leg of lamb with chutney, scalloped potatoes and peas with pearl onions
  • for that twinge right before my eyes tear up
  • for each brick that has been removed from the Great Wall of Scott

The Twelve Steps work miracles, its true, but not many of them are worked overnight. Our disease slowly influenced our spiritual development for the worse. Recovery introduces a new influence to our lives, a source of fellowship and spiritual strength slowly impelling us into new, healthy patterns of living. ~Just for Today, p. 56

2 comments:

JJ said...

for roast leg of lamb with chutney, scalloped potatoes and peas with pearl onions

What time is dinner?
I see you,
JJ

Shannon said...

I love this!