IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, December 30, 2005

12.30.05

Faith is more than our greatest gift; its sharing with others is our greatest responsibility. -Bill W, Grapevine 1961

Today I am grateful...
  • that this weekend I will not be looking over my shoulder to see if the police are behind me
  • that friends Chase and Norris are healing
  • for tangible proof that action chases away fear
  • that today is my six month anniversary of quitting smoking

... growth is not the result of wishing but of action and prayer. -N.A. Basic Text, pp. 35-36

My recovery is too precious to just wish about it. Today is a good day for action and prayer.-N.A. basic text pg. 380

5 comments:

dAAve said...

CONGRATS on kicking the nicotine habit. I admire you greatly for what you've accomplished.
You might like to devote a full post on your method.

Anonymous said...

yeah, that's great about six months free of nicotine. nicotine is my next habbit to tackle.

Shannon said...

Awesome that you kicked that nasty habit... I too almost 2 yrs... wow and this year was a lot easier... last year every time I got pissed off at something my first reaction was to smoke... but I didnt... a good friend helped me with this one little phrase... she said, just remember when you are nickin out for a smoke, that you will not feel that wAy for ever.... and I would remember that, and for me, that helped... one day at a time, lots of prayers

JJ said...

6 months with no smokes.......Way to go bro. That is awesome! So are you.
I see you,
JJ

peacefulwarrior said...

great to see other bloggers in recovery http://saintsandscholars.blogspot.com/