IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

08.16.05

Day Sixteen/3:00 AM:
Like the song says, “I’ll bet you think this song is about you?”
You need to get over yourself if you want to get over feeling sorry for yourself.
They’re just doing it; they’re not doing it to me.
The Pocket Sponsor Page -71-
Today I am grateful...
  • that I can walk away from martyrs
  • for the seat in AA that I earned
  • that today I will try not to get Dave started
  • for Spot, the Target dog
  • for the day I sat in my seat and realized that all those people in the room had gotten something great and that I wanted that same thing, my first real Step 2--HOPE
  • for every day since, and all the great things given to me
  • for the chance to listen to Hollywood Jason's story via cd
  • for the extreme surrealness of Teletubbies
  • that today I will do my best, that is all I can expect from myself and is all that is expected by my Higher Power
  • that maybe I can give back today

3 comments:

dAAve said...

I'm grateful that you just BARELY got me started before I just let it go

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

LOL..I like higher powered's comment.

Walking away and staying silent, when there is a desire, even if a bad one, to speak are true gifts.

One Drunk to Another said...

Oh, I love martyrs!

(not really)