IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, August 9, 2005

08.09.05

Today I am grateful...
  • that the space shuttle landed safely
  • for the party, click here to enter
  • that today I am available. In my old life I was rarely available.
  • for the irony of the WE of the program. My first time in the program I was afraid of YOU, today it's the WE that has proven to be one of the big ticket items of my sobriety. Great first step meeting yesterday.
  • that today Dave will deliver Pat's drawer to her, unbunched and ready for reinsertion
  • that I did not completely freak out when I got my last electric bill of $186
  • that yesterday was Dennis R's 11th anniversary from the bondage of nicotine
  • for yesterday's exuberant thunderstorm and promises of more today

5 comments:

JJ said...

Damn! I missed another party. For the love of God, I use to be popular and invited to all the hot parties.........OMG......I've become part of the unpopular crowd! Flashback - highschool or was it get high school? Draws, panties in a bunch, I'm missing all the fun.
Peace,
JJ

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I should read your list first thing each and every morning, Scott, as it focuses me so much.

Yes, I too am grateful that the space shuttle landed safely, thank God.

dAAve said...

I LOVE EXUBERANT ...

thunderstorms
drawers
parties

Greg said...

We had a surprise thunderstorm last Friday while in Cambridge, MA. The perfect, most refreshing way to end the hot mugginess of the last few days.

Anonymous said...

Grateful you are for a $186 electric bill. Mine was $500 last month. That *did* freak me out!