IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, July 6, 2005

07.06.05

Today I am grateful...
  • that I have survived many puns during this lifetime and have many more to endure in the years ahead
  • that working the program of AA to fit my needs leads me to a more honest way of living
  • for yesterday's noon meeting leader with 38 days of sobriety under her belt and the great job she did
  • that more and more I find less and less to be bitchy about
  • that I didn't get sober so everyone would do things my way
  • to respect my friends and loved ones
  • that if I need a smile today all I have to do is smile at someone and usually they smile back
  • that God helps those who help themselves
  • for the beauty of non-reaction

Somethings are not as they seem. "The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life." --Adolph Hitler, My New World OrderProclamation to the German Nation at Berlin, February 1, 1933

No comments: