IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, July 2, 2005

07.02.05


Today I am grateful...

  • for 54 hours without a cigarette
  • for the support of two ex-smokers, Dennis R and William M
  • for hopes for clear lungs in five years
  • for Aussie Laura's chair of yesterdays nooner meeting
  • that if I never saw another celebrity on tv I would be thrilled
  • for prayers for Sandra Day O'Connor's successor
  • that facing this three day weekend I do not have any fears of surviving an extended drunk
  • for pause when agitated, pause when agitated, pause when agitated

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support ex-smoker Scott W.. Today we can both stay nicotine/smoke free together for just today with the help of our Higher Power.

Love,
Dennis R.

dAAve said...

I've heard many ex-smokers say the first 72 hours is the hardest. You're just about there.

I'm PROUD of you!

Anonymous said...

You certainly have the support of this ex-smoker. I know how hard it is. If you need to talk, whatever, I'm only a phone call away. Norris

Scott W said...

81 hours without a cigarette. And no gum, it gives me a headache.

GodlessMom said...

Good job! Keep it up, clear lungs are a very good thing!