IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

06.29.05

Here is my gratitude list from this day last year:


06.29.54 - 06.29.04
For 225 days of sobriety
That at 9:15 tonight I will have lived fifty years in this body
That this body has taken abuse and has survived with minimal damage
To have been given everything I need
For Steve and Bunny, my parents, who raised me to the best of their ability
That I have the most beautiful and understanding sister
That the only problem I have with my brother is that he is a Republican
To have no regrets--there are things I would have done differently, but that is the past
To have found a light to illuminate my path
To have true friends


So, it's one year later and all the above still hold true, except that today I have 589 days of sobriety and tonight will have been here fifty-one years. Everyday, the mystery of life continues to astound me. I have placed my sobriety first and the rest has fallen into place. I wake every morning with gratitude in my heart and on my lips and I thank my Higher Power for giving me everything I need. The conundrum of growth in the midst of not knowing seems to be the order of each day. In times of great confusion I have been given a way to live life on life's terms. Putting one foot in front of the other takes me to great places. The middle of the road is becoming more comfortable. Life, worth living, goes on one day at a time. 18,629 days later, here I am.

5 comments:

dAAve said...

H
A
P
P
Y

B
I
R
T
H
D
A
Y

S
C
O
T
T

Cisco said...

wishing you the very best on your birthday! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Trinker

Anonymous said...

Scott, my dear friend, I wish you the happiest of birthdays. And I wish that you have many more (not into senility mind you; after all, someone will have to take care of me). If I see you at the nooner, I will ask if you are available for dinner. I would like to take you and David (and maybe Larry) out for a birthday dinner in your honor. If you already have plans, we can choose a day not too far away when we would all be able to be together. It would be my pleasure. So please accept. Queen Nor Nor.

Hannen said...

Why maybe Larry? So Scott, what kind of bread do you want? Whole wheat, white, a mix, what? Tell me and I'll make you one. Congrats! Love you.