IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, June 27, 2005

06.27.05

Today I am grateful...
  • for my sobriety in all its aspects
  • for the democratic process at yesterday's Lambda board meetings, see Dave's blog
  • for a weekend of quality fellowship
  • that Saturday night, after I got home, I could barely contain my happiness
  • that most of my greed is subsiding, but I have developed a greed for sobriety
  • for the brave souls that decided, 36 years ago, that they were fed up with oppression and rioted against the police in front of the Stonewall Bar, thus beginning the fight for gay rights
  • that I have today in its entirety, and whatever that is will be just what I need
  • that everyday my life takes on a new quality

3 comments:

dAAve said...

it was a great weekend, see my blog please LOL

GodlessMom said...

Hey, I don't know anything about that riot in front of the bar. Do you have any good links where I could read about it?

Interesting comment on Barbara's blog regarding the church/state issue, by the way. Such a complex issue.

GodlessMom said...

Thank you for the link. I have heard of the Stonewall Riots but I don't think I ever knew the significance. Brave people indeed!

Today Scott is my teacher! Thanks again!