IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

06.21.05

Today I am full of gratitude...
  • for the group of family and friends who crowded into the little Chapel on the Lake to give Edie a big send off
  • for the view of majestic pine trees, the shadows created by the shining sun, the humming bird that hovered when it saw all the flowers through the floor-to-ceiling windows
  • to be there, sober, for a friend
  • that people asked after Chester
  • for the genuine and loving nature of Edie's family and friends
  • that being sober allowed me to move through the world yesterday much differently than I did in the past. I was completely unaware of my physical self, was able to just be in the continuous moment. This is a major part of my recovery, the result of some self discovery and letting go. Salutations to my Higher Power.
  • that we came back home last night and each got to sleep in our own beds
  • for a safe round trip to East Texas, land of MANY churches
  • for comfortable exhaustion
  • for DoughGirl's gratitude/Three Stooges post of yesterday

4 comments:

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds like you have some beautiful people and gifts in your life, Scott.

Enjoy the day.

Phyllis said...

Ah yes, ain't life grande when we are sober?! AMEN!
Thanks so much for the congrats on my website!

dAAve said...

... and life continues.

Anonymous said...

Scott, I enjoy your gratitude lists. I don't know much about what you're talking about (yet), but it always makes me reflect on a thing or two I'm grateful about.

rock on, man.

-T