IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, June 16, 2005

06.16.05

"He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life."

"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world."

"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned the first lesson in life who does not every day surmount a fear." --quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am not very skilled at walking through my fears, hell, sometimes I can't even recognize fear until it rears its ugly head. One thing I am aware of--almost every action I have taken in this life has been fear based. Fear of you, fear of them, fear of it, fear of exposure, fear of not being good enough, fear of success, fear of failure.

Yesterday I faced some fears armed with my mind being calmed by some prayers, some advise from others, and a genuine desire to let it go and turn it over. The water that seemed to almost cover my head was reduced to some puddles, and since I had on thick soled shoes I walked right on through. I was able to ask for what I need. I was able to do the next right thing. It was a good day. Another day of gratitude.

2 comments:

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Fear is my biggest defect of character. When I am experiencing fear, it is ususally because I am not accepting people, places or things for who they are, but am wanting them to be the way I think they should be.

Lack of acceptance and fear seem to go hand and hand for me.

I like what you have written today. Thanks for the beautiful message.

Have a good day.

dAAve said...

From a short distance, I watched you trudge though that fear to get to the other side. By having the Courage to do so, and Doing The Next Right Thing, you emerged a winner.

What more can your God (or mine or anybody else's) ask of you? Those who seek, shall find.