IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, June 10, 2005

06.10.05

Today I am grateful...

  • for this morning's dream where I adopted two puppies and was encouraged to take whatever I wanted from a warehouse chock full of art deco antiques. Where's Freud when you need him?
  • for recent 'how lucky am I ' thoughts
  • to have made headway in breaking through a block
  • for laughter and tears, smiles and frowns, easy days and difficult days
  • for a Photoshopped picture of Hannen
  • that today is another sober Friday with no margaritas on the horizon
  • for the Jyota se Jyota hymn, see following

Kindle my heart's flame with thy flame, may thy light vanish darkness forever.

Oh lord of yoga, oh lord of wisdom, oh lord within all, oh lord above all, shower thy grace on thy children.

Lord, we thy children, seek thee at thy gateway, appear in thy glory before us.

It's thee whom we worship, praying for thy mercy, love's nectar shower upon us.

For ages within us that power has been slumbering, awaken chitshakti within us.

For long in our hearts that ember has been smoldering, to the music of so'ham awake us.

Immortal soul, our lives at thy feet we surrender.

Kindle my heart's flame with thy flame, Sadaguru kindle my heart's flame with thine. May thy light banish darkness forever.

Thou art my mother, my father, thou art; thou art my brother my friend thou art; my wisdom thou art, all my wealth thou art; thou art my all, oh God divine.

Let all my anxious sorrows depart, mercy we beg Bhagawan; enlighten me with thy wisdom's cloak, and fill this mind's abode with light.

Everywhere in homes where thou art served with love, everywhere thy lotus feet adorn; in that place, in his glory dwells, shedding light everywhere.

Where thy bhaktas sing their song to thee, where love flows like streams of rain; in that place, from his high abode, listens to the strings of love.

Every good thing thou has given free to me, what oh lord may I give unto thee; please accept this heart which I offer thee, in these folded hands of mine.

Thou art ever one and ever whole, from thee this perfect world was born, yet should all this world disappear from view, still thou wouldst always be the same. Om shanti, shanti, shanti

3 comments:

Cisco said...

That's a nice hymn. Who is it by? Do you have that on CD?

dAAve said...

were they Art Deco Puppies?

(like the new counter)

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for you and your blog.