IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, February 15, 2010

02.15.10

The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy. ~Jim Rohn

Today I am grateful…

  • for the anti-Valentines Day dinner/movie night with fellows
  • to have thought about Mom a lot yesterday. Valentines was her favorite holiday.
  • to get back to healthier eating today. I sorta had a food relapse over the weekend. Ugh.
  • that back in May of 2001 if you told me I would be sober as long as I have been, that I love my life, I would have thought you a crackpot.
  • for art thoughts

office in a small city

Office in a Small City by Edward Hopper

When you don't need anything, then you truly have everything. When you know that you already have enough, that you already are enough, that everything is as it should be, then your life will be rich indeed. Get past the need to possess and you'll discover that the whole world is yours. Abandon the need to be right and you'll find real truth. ~Ralph Marston

11 comments:

Syd said...

I ate ribs last night which were wonderful. Today I'm back to plainer fare. I hope that you have a good Monday.

dAAve said...

When you think of art, you have much to draw on.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Anti-Valentine Party!?! Love that!

Lou said...

Some people who I thought were crack pots turned out to be right.

MeAgain said...

I'm stealing your quote. It's brilliant and just what I needed today. Thank you for letting me pick your brain. I promise not to set off any alarms.

Bill said...

The 12x12 (pg. 140) says that crackpots are welcome in our program, so you weren't off the mark in your thinking on that long-ago day in May.

Pammie said...

You would have thought me a crack pipe, but I liked pot too, so maybe crack and pot...hey that's a primo.

Mary Christine said...

I would have enjoyed you thinking me a crackpot.

Happy Valentimes!

Garykfc said...

I need more Ralph.

Unknown said...

Having enough, being enough, accepting enough, keeps me serene enough.

I love that quote. (and cheesecake)

Namaste

Anonymous said...

love that painting! and.... i am a crackpot :)